|| archives | | e-mail | | aim | | bookmark this site | | blogroll me | | blogarama review ||

Monday, March 14, 2005

Hello, My Name Is Noodge And I'm A Scaredy-Cat

Why do I insist on doing this to myself? I watch stuff like Unsolved Mysteries and documentaries about serial killers and all that creepy stuff then I don't want to leave the house for the next 2 weeks. I'm watching a show about BTK and I just found myself checking to make sure the doors were locked. I think I worry about this stuff more than the average person. I expect the worst from everyone at any given time. The other day there was this guy wearing a long coat walking with his arms kind of crossed through the store. He just gave off that sinister-guy vibe and I immediately thought, "That guy looks like he's hiding a gun. Maybe I should leave. What if it turns into a hostage situation? What should I do? Shit. Ooh, that's a cute skirt!" Then promptly forgot about him. Yeah, I get side tracked easily. Anyway, am I the only one who is creeped out by about 75% of the population? Seriously, you just never know about these people. They're always "the guy (or girl) next door". Speaking of which, my parents' next door neighbor is just a little ... odd. He spent some time in a psych ward (a couple/few times actually) after claiming he was Jesus and said that God told him to drink bleach. His wife took him to the hospital and when they didn't find any bleach in him he said that of course they wouldn't find it because God prevented them from seeing it. I'm not trying to bash him or anything because he really is one of the nicest, gentlest people I know. He always says hello to me and asks how I am when I see him, always says hello to my daughter, asks my parents to let his dog out when they go away for the weekend. Hell, he held my daughter when she was only a couple days old and cuddled her like any baby-holding expert (they don't have children (something to do with his wife's health, I think) so I was surprised at how comfortable he was). But how do they always describe the serial killers? Upstanding members of the church, friendly, liked by almost everyone... stuff like that. I guess I just don't trust people in general. I'm constantly in a state of semi-panic whenever I go somewhere alone at night (even in my truck)... even when it's broad daylight I'm always thinking about what to do if I'm approached or attacked. Thank goodness I never went to college. I'd be a complete sociaphobe. I used to hang out in a college town with a group of people that went to the school and one of the girls that was an acquaintance was raped by 2 guys right around the corner from their house. Another acquaintance was "attacked" by a homeless person at a gas station while she was pumping gas. He wanted money. Luckily she was wearing a big ring and punched his hand when he grabbed her arm, causing him to let go and giving her the chance to get in her car and call the police from her cell. I used to hang out there all the time. I mean, ALL the time. I didn't even like walking the 10 feet from my truck to their door.

Man, I hate thinking like this. I would love to meet people and think, "What a nice person." without also thinking, "or are they?". I'm so judgmental of people who look even just a little off. Like, naturally. Not the ones who strive to look weird. I'm fine with them. But anyway...

I swear, I'm getting weirder by the second.








Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

We hang the petty thieves, but appoint the great
ones to office
- Aesop

Don't steal, the government hates competition.



:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

< ? crappyblogs # >
<< # blog.girls ? >>
«xBlogxPhilesx»
« ? Sarcastic Geeks # »

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

My blogger code:
B8 d- t k+ s u-- f i- o x- e- l c
(decode it!)

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::



Blogroll


|| Blogroll Me ||
|| Who Links Here ||

Good Stuff


Search
Search this site or the web powered by FreeFind


Site search Web search


Good Stuff

listed on Blogwise Blogarama - the blog directory
globe of blogs

WeblogLinkDirectory - Blog Directory & Search Engine




|| power: blogger | | comments: haloscan | | image hosting: photobucket | | invisible stats: stat counter | | stats: site meter ||