|| archives | | e-mail | | aim | | bookmark this site | | blogroll me | | blogarama review ||

Saturday, February 05, 2005

People Are Strange

We have this feisty old Hungarian woman as a landlord and while I was at my parents' house yesterday, my boyfriend called me and, well... here's the conversation :

Him : Hey, remember when there was an ambulance at the house the other day?
Me : Yeah
Him : R had a stroke
Me : What?
Him : Yeah. She called M hospital and asked them if they would take her to K hospital and they said no. So she said, "Fine, I don't need you then" and hung up on them.
Me : What?
Him : Yeah. She said she just laid on the floor for like, a half an hour and then the ambulance came anyway and took her to K hospital. She couldn't do anything with her left side...
Me : Hahaha, "I don't need you". Oh, is she ok?
Him : She had to have some sort of bypass surgery. An artery on her brain came loose or something.
Me : Um... Came loose?
Him : I don't know. Something like that. Anyway, she has to come over on Monday. Her basement's leaking so she's suing the guy who did it and wants to check ours.
Me : So this means I have to clean the basement?
Him : I have to clean the basement.
Me : Oh, ok.

Ok, so first, telling an emergency service "I don't need you"? Freaking Classic! I love it. Second, she just had surgery and she has to go back in a week to have the same surgery on the other side and she wants to come over to make sure our basement is in good shape. Hello, don't they prescribe bed rest after surgery these days? Especially for older patients? This lady is a beast, I tell ya. She doesn't take crap from anybody but she's also very nice (and great with The Kid). It's funny.

...Ever have a post where you have no idea how to end it? Where you're just, "It's over, now what do I do?" Let's pretend I'm not tired and actually made some sort of effort here, k?

Oh, and I sooo should have made myself sound smarter in our phone conversation.








Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

We hang the petty thieves, but appoint the great
ones to office
- Aesop

Don't steal, the government hates competition.



:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

< ? crappyblogs # >
<< # blog.girls ? >>
«xBlogxPhilesx»
« ? Sarcastic Geeks # »

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

My blogger code:
B8 d- t k+ s u-- f i- o x- e- l c
(decode it!)

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::



Blogroll


|| Blogroll Me ||
|| Who Links Here ||

Good Stuff


Search
Search this site or the web powered by FreeFind


Site search Web search


Good Stuff

listed on Blogwise Blogarama - the blog directory
globe of blogs

WeblogLinkDirectory - Blog Directory & Search Engine




|| power: blogger | | comments: haloscan | | image hosting: photobucket | | invisible stats: stat counter | | stats: site meter ||